We are responsible for administering the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) in Kent and will provide the best possible service in accordance with the standards set out in the
- Administering Authority duties (PDF, 151.3 KB), and
- Administering Authority administrative standards (PDF, 202.2 KB).
- provide a professional service that compares favourably with the best practice of other public sector providers
- comply with investment management regulations
- maintain adequate management and accounting procedures and records
- assist employers and scheme members promptly, fairly and efficiently at all times.
We are subject to performance monitoring, both internally and externally against other Local Authority Pension Funds (CIPFA benchmarking).
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are reported to the Superannuation Committee and the latest outcomes are shown in the table below.
Pension Section performance 2018/2019
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
|Type of case||Target time||Number processed||Processed within target|
|Calculation and payment of retirement award||20 days from receipt of paperwork||2591||95%|
|Calculation and payment of dependants benefit||15 days from receipt of paperwork||529||97%|
|Provision of estimates||20 days from receipt of paperwork||3681||71%|
|Correspondence||Full reply within 15 working days||5,789||99%|
We are reliant on information from employers and third parties to be able to meet target turnaround times.