The day to day management of the Fund is the responsibility of the Pension Fund Business Partner, Mr Nick Vickers.
We perform the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) which is overseen by the Pension Manager, Mrs Barbara Cheatle. All staff are trained to be extremely knowledgeable in the field of local government pensions. Many are experienced specialists and various qualifications attained include the:
- Pension Management Institute
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals - Diploma in Pension Management
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals - Foundation in Local Government Pension Administration
- Association of Pensions and Superannuation Administrators
- Foundation degree in Pensions and Management.
We have 28 members of staff with a professional pension qualification within the Pension Section (total 63 staff).
The staff in the Treasury and Investments team have many years experience in pension fund accounting and reporting as well as treasury management and are managed by Mrs Alison Mings ACMA.