Skip to content

Forms - PPS 1987

Most of our forms are online submission.

There are a few forms that we ask you to download and sign. Please scan it, save it to your device and upload to us. Use the online enquiry and document upload form. If you are unable to scan, please upload a photo.

You can post documents and forms to the office but they may take longer to process.

Some of the documents on this page may not be suitable for users with assistive technology. Request an accessible format

Online enquiry form

Complete the enquiry form if you have an enquiry about your pension.

Opt out form (PDF, 98.7 KB)

If you want to opt out of the Police Pension Scheme 1987 (PPS 1987) complete this form and send it to the Payroll and Pensions Department, Kent Police and Essex Police, North Kent Police Station.

Joiner pack police (PDF, 273.2 KB)

Your employer should give you a joiner pack when you join the police pension scheme. However, you can complete it here if you have not been given one. It includes a Personal Details Declaration form to request investigation into transferring pension rights into the scheme within your first 12 months of membership.

Membership tracing form

You should complete this form if you are trying to trace membership you may have in the LGPS in Kent, Kent Police Officers or Kent Firefighters pension schemes.

Personal Details Declaration form (PDF, 157.1 KB)

The form is for you to confirm your personal details and express your interest in transferring any previous pension rights. You must elect to transfer previous pension rights within 12 months of joining the scheme.

Retirement Declaration form (PDF, 178.7 KB)

You will need to complete a Retirement Declaration form not more than 4 months before your expected retirement date. Within this form is an option to commute some of your pension to a lump sum and you will need to contact Kent Police to arrange an estimate of pension benefits to help you make this decision. You must complete this form before your last day of service or the option to commute is not permissible. You should sign and date the form and return it to The Payroll and Pensions Department, Kent Police and Essex Police, North Kent Police Station, Thames Way, Northfleet, Kent  DA11 8BD.

Divorce and dissolution request form

Please complete this form to request information about your pension for divorce or dissolution of civil partnership proceedings.

Change of address form

Please use this form to notify us of your change of address.

Change of personal details

Please use this form to notify us if you have changed your title, name or partnership status.

Request for early payment of deferred benefits - Ill health form (PDF, 111.3 KB)

Please use this form if you have left the scheme and have a deferred pension and you are considered as permanently disabled for the duties of a police officer. This will commence the process of applying to bring your deferred pension into payment early on the grounds of ill health with the consent of Kent Police.

Death of a scheme member

Notify us of the death of a member, or person in receipt of a pension from the PPS 2015, PPS 2006 or PPS 1987. If you have notified Tell Us Once (TUO) and ticked public sector pension, you do not need to complete our form. Watch a short video about how to use TUO to tell organisations about a death just once

Permission to disclose data

Give KCC Pension Section your permission to share your personal data with a company that you specify.

Transfer discharge forms - non overseas transfers only (PDF, 41.7 KB)

These forms are used when you wish to transfer your PPS benefits out of the scheme to another pension provider. You should complete the forms only when you have received transfer value quotations from us and your new pension provider and you are sure you wish to proceed. You will need to pass part of the form to your new pension provider to complete.