Skip to content

Help and complaints

There is a range of appeals procedures within the Police Pension Scheme 1987 (PPS 1987), Police Pension Scheme 2006 (PPS 2006) and Police Pension Scheme 2015 (PPS 2015) and some of these are complex. In the first instance, if you have any appeal or complaint, you should contact us. We will be able to explain the various procedures and the courses of action which are open to you.

In general, you should try to resolve a problem with Kent Police in the first instance. If you fail to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may then wish to consider some of the other avenues detailed. Note, however, that the time limit for approaching the courts runs from the date of the decision which is the subject of the appeal and is not extended to take account of attempts at resolution with Kent Police.

If you are a serving officer, you can contact your staff association for advice.

If you are a retired officer who is unsure of where to turn to for advice in a dispute, you may wish to contact the National Association of Retired Police Officers (NARPO), NARPO House, 38 Bond Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 2QP, telephone 01924 362166, email or visit their website.

Specified procedures are laid down in the PPS 1987 and PPS 2006 Regulations for appeals against medical decisions. Other appeals are likely to involve appeal to the Crown Court or to a tribunal.