Skip to content

Appeal to a tribunal

If you are serving as an Inspector of Constabulary or are engaged on relevant service under section 97 of the Police Act 1996 (e.g. overseas service), and you are aggrieved by:

  • a refusal to make a pension award to you, or to make a larger award to you, or 
  • a decision that your refusal to accept medical treatment is unreasonable, or 
  • a decision to forfeit your award

you may give notice of appeal to the Secretary of State, giving your grounds for appeal. The Secretary of State will then appoint an appeal tribunal to hear the appeal.