Skip to content

Other pension bodies and tracing pensions

Money and Pension Service (MaPS)

MaPS provide independent and impartial information about pensions, free of charge, to members of the public. MaPS is available to assist members and beneficiaries of the scheme with any pension query they have or any general requests for information or guidance concerning their pension benefits.  Visit the Money Helper website

The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO)

The TPO solely deals with pension complaints. It can help if you have a complaint or dispute about the administration and/or management of personal and workplace pension schemes. You have the right to refer your complaint to the TPO free of charge. Before you refer your complaint you should first have tried to resolve it through the IDRP and have consulted The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS). There is no financial limit on the amount that TPO can make a party award you. Its determinations are legally binding on all parties and enforceable in court. Contact with TPO about a complaint needs to be made within 3 years of when the event happened or, if later, when you first knew about it (or ought to have known about it). There is a discretion for those time limits to be extended. Visit the Pensions Ombudsman website for further information and contact details.

The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator regulates occupational schemes such as PPS 1987, PPS 2006 and PPS 2015. The Regulator's main objectives include the protection of benefits of members of work-based pension schemes and the promotion of good administration of pension schemes. The Regulator is able to intervene in the running of schemes where there have been breaches of legislation.

The Pensions Regulator can be contacted at Napier House, Trafalgar Place, Brighton, East Sussex  BN1 4DW. Telephone 0345 6000 707 or visit The Pensions Regulator website.

The Pension Tracing Service

The Pension Tracing Service holds details of pension schemes together with contact addresses. It provides a tracing service for ex-members of schemes with pension entitlements (and their dependants) who have lost touch with previous schemes. All occupational and personal pension schemes have to register if the pension scheme has current members contributing to their scheme or people expecting benefits from the scheme. For further information and contact details please visit the  Pension tracing service website.

If you believe you were a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) in Kent or Kent Police Officer pension schemes, and wish to trace a pension, please complete our Membership tracing form.

If you believe you were a member of the Kent Firefighters pension schemes and wish to trace a pension please contact Local Pensions Partnership, Pensions Services, Fire Team, 169 Union Street, London SE1 0LL, call 0207 369 6076 or email