Teachers Pension Scheme

If you work in a school but you are not a teacher, you should be in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Find out about the LGPS

If your role within the Kent Local Authority is predominantly a teaching role, and you are over age 16 and under age 75, you will be enrolled into the Teachers’ Pensions Scheme. Find out about Teachers' Pensions

Contact details for the Teachers Pension Unit (TPU) in Kent

The Teachers Pension Unit (TPU) are not Teachers’ Pensions.  The TPU perform the employer administration responsibilities on behalf of Kent County Council for its members in the scheme.

The team can support with service queries relating to employment periods within Kent Local Authority. They can assist with administration relating to retirements, opting in and out, certificates of re-employment, scheme membership, and death in service.

  • If you work in a Kent maintained school and you are in the Teachers Pension Scheme, call 0331 630 9542
    If you work for Kent County Council and you are in the Teachers Pension Scheme, call 0330 124 9992
  • Email tpu@hrconnect.org.uk
  • Write to Teachers Pension Unit, Commercial Services Group, HR Connect, 1 Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent ME19 4YT.

Contact details for the Teachers Pension Scheme

Teachers Pensions in Darlington are responsible for administering the Teachers Pension Scheme on behalf of the Department for Education (DfE). The best way to contact the Teachers Pension Scheme is through the secure member area Teachers' Pensions My Pension Online

For information about beneficiaries, please find information about family and dependants on the Teachers' Pensions website

Teachers’ Pensions can also be contacted by the following options:

  • visit the Teachers Pensions website
  • write to Teachers Pensions, 11b Lingfield Point, Darlington, County Durham  DL1 1AY
  • call 0345 606 6166.