This free course is delivered by a professional financial services trainer from Affinity Connect Limited. It is available to any scheme member who:
- has contributed to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), and
- is within 18 months of retirement.
How to book
You need to book at least 2 weeks before the course date as there is limited availability. Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis.
Contact Affinity Connect on 0800 019 6076 or email email@example.com
Location and dates
The courses are held in the Cornwallis Suite in Maidstone. Affinity Connect emails you with the details nearer to the time of the course.
The course is approximately 3 hours long.
|Course date||Location||Start time||End time|
|9 September 2021||Maidstone||9:30am||12:30pm|
|7 October 2021||Maidstone||9:30am||12:30pm|
|9 November 2021||Maidstone||9:30am||12:30pm|
|8 December 2021||Maidstone||9:30am||12:30pm|
The presentation is delivered by Affinity Connect. They specialise in pre retirement support services to local authorities and other public sector employers.
The course gives you a greater understanding of all aspects of retirement planning. It may help you make the most appropriate decisions before you retire.
The presentation includes:
- pension changes – what are the changes and how could they impact your retirement decisions?
- what does retirement look like? – what income would you need, when might you need it, and for how long?
- where could the money come from? – company pensions, State Pension, savings and investments
- what choices and options are available at retirement?
- tax efficiency in retirement.
Currently, Kent County Council Pension Section are unable to provide a presentation. We are unable to provide an online alternative. Read our pre retirement presentation slides (PPTX, 186.1 KB).
Kent County Council Pension Section are not regulated to provide pension advice. We do not endorse any pension advisers. There are many Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs). Find IFAs in your area on the Financial Conduct Authority website