If you are a:
- local authority controlled school that converts to academy status, the Treasury and Investments team will contact you to ensure your continued participation in the Kent Pension Fund (the Fund)
- new free schools or academies and new Medway free schools or academies will need to contact the Treasury and Investments team as soon as there is a date for establishment.
This refers to non-teaching staff. Teaching staff must be members of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme, which is separate to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). For teachers’ pension purposes, a school becoming an academy will need to:
- contact Teachers Pensions in Darlington, their telephone number is 0345 300 3756
- request access to the employer portal by emailing your request to Teachers Pensions.
Fund actuary report
You will need a Fund actuary report to:
- confirm your employer contribution rate
- explain what you need to do
- detail how much it will cost.
There are many employers in the Fund, including Academies. Find further information about academy pools and contribution rates.
When an employer joins the Fund, they accept ongoing financial liabilities. View further information about your financial responsibilities as an employer.
Some employers must show their pension liabilities on their annual accounts. View information about annual accounting reports FRS102/IAS19 including the cost of a report.